In this class, we’ll be using the programming language called Python to tell the computer what we want it to do. Today will be focused on getting some basic definitions and functionality in Python figured out.
Basic Learning Objectives
Before class, you should be able to:
- Explain the difference between an algorithm and a program
- Edit and run Python programs embedded in the textbook
- Use the
- List the roles in pair programming
Advanced Learning Objectives
After class, you should be able to:
- Create and run a program using VSCode
- Submit programs to Gradescope
- Edit programs based on Gradescope feedback
- Use pair programming to write a program
Remember to login to Runestone Academy and then complete the checks in the readings so I can track how everyone is doing on them.
- Background Survey (linked on Moodle)